For catastrophic (CAT) events we deliver rapid post event impact analysis and research in near real-time following floods, earthquakes and severe tropical storms.
For catastrophic (CAT) events Geospatial Insight delivers rapid post-event impact analysis in near real-time following major disasters, anywhere around the World, such as floods, earthquakes and severe tropical storms.
Geospatial Insight is a leading provider of services to the insurance sector, based upon the acquisition, integration and analysis of a range of spatially-enabled data sets.
Working with a range of insurers, reinsurers, reinsurance brokers and loss adjustors, Geospatial Insight provides data and intelligence to assist in improving their understanding of risk and the impact of events, particularly in the fields of loss estimation, claims management and loss adjustment.
– Rapid and Flexible Global CAT Response
Developed in partnership with the insurance industry, the EvenTrac® service provides rapid access to satellite imagery and other geospatial data (aerial photos, UAV images, media pictures and geocoded social media posts), plus expert analysis, to deliver fast and accurate loss estimation for major CAT events.
Summary of the EvenTrac® Methodology
Key Features of the EvenTrac® Service are:
• Flexible – Based upon on extensive network of partnerships with Earth Observation (EO) satellite operators, Geospatial Insight can source data from more than 100 orbiting satellites
- Focussed. GSI also has a global network of survey aircraft and UAV’s on standby, ready to respond to any event
- Rapid – On call 24/7, Geospatial Insight can task satellites to acquire imagery of an event, and then download and analyse the images within hours of confirmation of a client’s target sites and events
- Proven – Geospatial Insight has already provided a comprehensive response to many major events over the past three years, in locations as widespread as the Canada and the USA, the UK, China and Malaysia, delivering accurate flood boundaries or damage extent analysis within a maximum of three days of the event, but often within 24 hours of its onset
• Versatile – Applicable to a wide range of perils including flood, storm surge, explosion, tsunami, earthquake and major windstorm
Our expert analysis and interpretation of imagery datasets allows clients to better understand risk and to manage it accordingly.
Once assets are under management and when clients need absolute assurance of asset location, or a guaranteed understanding near real-time asset performance ahead of published reports or news.
Event Impact Assessment
Geospatial Insight has access to 100 satellites and many aerial imagery operators across the globe. Using this we focus on nearly continuous, rapid delivery of data during and immediately after a major catastrophic (“CAT”) event. Read More